Saturday, April 28, 2012


Well, what happened next?

Just what anyone might expect. I totally freaked out, and I don't mean a little bit. Although there was still a sense of awe and squee to the unexpected consequences of this prank, I had no clue as to what to make of it.

What did it all mean? Was I gay? A closeted cross dresser all these years? I was used to getting some looks askance over the time. I
do wear a kilt on occasions and when I play with a group of Scottish fiddlers, and I do have shaved legs as a holdover from my road bike racing days – but this? What kind of a mid life crisis was this to have foist upon me? What had I done wrong in life to be saddled with this utterly girly thrill?

Being a fact finding sort of guy. It was time to do some research and figure out what my malfunction was and jump on it's immediate correction, as time was doing nothing to solve this vexation. Time to Google up “men with painted nails” and get to the bottom of this.

Boy, was I surprised. Rather than finding a boatload of empirical data and psych papers on what the problem was, I found that I was apparently not as alone as I had suspected. Far from it! I discovered a veritable cornucopia of sites, blogs, “support groups”, and other such resources and tomfoolery.

I had no clue that so many men painted their nails! Some were as new or newer to it than I was, some had been painting for decades, and the gamut of teens to octogenarians was covered. A most interesting amalgam of straights, gays, cross dressers, transsexuals, and other men and women that simply liked seeing men painted up. Certainly a surprise to me!

Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment